Thursday 25 September 2008

sore throat

On my way into exile last night I my throat started to hurt, and by the time that I had returned to the South Coast, it was as if I had been eating a meal made out of crushed lightbulbs. I was so tired following a hard day's work (or hard day's waiting, which is actually harder - trying to keep awake and not let the clients see me drifting off) that sleep came easily.
As usual, as a result of the pasting that I gave my nervous systems, I woke up at 5.00 (again), and got up, my throat now unable to remember what it was like to have skin.

My poor client today suffers from three serious complaints, the first is that he is deaf and bleeds, charming I know, from both ears, no doubt a unique party trick but not one that I would aspire to, nor did I take him up on his kind offer to show me the blood and puss covered tissue that he kept producing...
the second problem is that he has been working illegally on a French passport and I doubt that he is French,
finally his remaining problem was his lawyer, who had a strange habit of looking at me whilst pushing out his top lip, a feat I thought was not possible, and yet despite being disturbing was strangely compelling. Unfortunately, his lawyer, having mastered the sticky out top lip had not mastered anything useful, such as basic immigration law, or the English language.
None of the above helped him with, what was his third bail application in as many weeks.

At moment of writing I am this in the office of a solicitor surrounded by 4 Tamils and one small child who are all competing to see who can speak the loudest, normally I would win, but I have lost my voice, which given my liking for it, is very frustrating, so I am forced to sit and listen (and type), anyway hope their case has some merit, must read the papers later... back to the clients, as any of them seem to care that I am even here. (And I am the representative)

And my client got bail this morning, though I think it was more down to the Home Office only giving him two paracetamol tablets in 3 months for his bleeding (and) painful ears, and their refusal to let him see a doctor. Mind you I suppose he could always put the tablets in his ears, at least that might stop the bleeding.

I suppose shouting (my client was deaf) for two hours is a contributory factor to my lose of voice, ah well no sucking lemons later and no curry for me today

No comments: