Friday 26 September 2008

meee - life

Is it really 8 years since I embarked upon the relationship with my, soon to be, ex - wife. All very odd, still going to the same Courts, yet time has moved on, I find it all very odd and a bit disturbing. I am now older. I do not like being older. I do not look older (well not that much - apart from some gray hair). I do not act older. However, everyone else seems to have grown up a bit, and I am assailed from time to time with my own mortality. Usually when I am on my own (often now).
I cannot, however, find succour in the old "where did it all go wrong?" bleat, as on any sensible reading, the fault lies with me and my fondness for mood altering substances. Why do they call it substance misuse. I never mis used substances, if I misused the substances I would not have got into trouble, my problem was that I used them all too well.
Ah well, they are not being used or misused today, and that at the risk of sounding positive, is good.
And now, I will have another go at communicating with my client, who has miraculously been smiling at me for the last 30 minutes, wonder if he will be smiling after Court?

4 comments:

Radagast said...

Mood altering substances? Hmmm. Do yourself a favour, and don't get into the legal, prescription variety, will you?

Anyway, you should complain: it all went wrong for me, when I decided that I was entitled to complain about the way that others conducted themselves toward me. People don't like that, apparently!

Matt

Charles said...

Unfortunately, I did that.
Fortunately, I have stopped them all.
I found that if it came in a packet or a bottle I could put it down my throat with vigour. I have probably consumed in excess of several tons of calcium carbonate as an aside - I suppose that's whats cleaned my arteries out.
Nope, the legal profession is not exactly open to criticism, the governing bodies, it is said, are more interested in their own self advancement than their members, said I hasten to add, not by me, of course I consider them to do a hard job in difficult circumstances.
Lawyers make up a disproportionately large percentage of the House of Commons.

A final note, any thoughts on how I can other readers?

Many thanks, as ever

Pechorin

Radagast said...

Generate a wider readership? Not overnight, no, but you might pay the Arte y Pico on (and dispaly it - people are always impressed by a bit of silverware!), which is something you could deal with in two or three hours, dependent upon how original you want to be.

In that way, you get advertised on up to five other blogs, and maybe one or two will put you on their "blogroll" (list of blogs that the author visits regularly), as Tracy Wilson-Tucker did, after I gave her the award. This might give you a "spike" in increased visits, but you might also pick up one or two "regulars".

In the blogosphere, as in any other environment, if one wants to be noticed, one has to do some noticing oneself. Being the maverick that I am, I deliberately chose blogs the majority of which were either new, or quiet, just to see what would happen. Only one ignored me completely...

Anyway... lawyers/HoC... I eat 'em for breakfast - they're defending an interested position, usually, which makes them pretty easy to trounce in an argument!

Matt

Charles said...

Matt,

many thanks for your suggestions, I am off to Court, but will have a go at posting award (thanks again) on site later,
yupp HOC is probably a repository of the most self centred people around, the biggest joke being that they consider that they are only doing it out of a sense of Service...