Monday 22 September 2008

more today from me

Exile

Following, as they would say on Facebook a change in my "relationship status", said change being helped (to put it mildly) by my over fondness to things illicit and not illict but damaging in quantity, a period of exile was in order. But where? What would be appropriate for the penitent man?
A hovel - in London? And where in London? (Which is not one question but 2)
appealing for support, friends and work.
Intensely depressing personally and likely to lead back to the illicit...
A palazzo abroad - nice weather, food, a change of scenery?
Good, but no work, language barrier (but heh - does anyone understand me...) again the illicit is likely to beckon.
Sussex - far away, no friends, old
Yup, sussex, familiar, neat, Not London
And so Sussex it was, a veritable trip down memory lane, having lived there for 12 years or so.
The plan was a good plan, and like so many would have been perfect, if only everyone had done what was required of them, why do they persist in following their own wants, if only they did as I wished.
My house in Sussex had everything and was ideal, well not ideal, given the fact that there were tenants living there. Well, thinks I they will leave, it will be good for them. I will even give some money to assist in their smooth passage. And so I waited for the Estate Agent to give me the good news.
"Have you spoken to the tenants?"
"Yes"
"Good news"
"No, they do not want to move"
"Why?"
"She is going to have a baby in 2 weeks"
"And the problem is?"
And that was that, no amount of persuading, haranguing etc could trouble them to move, inconsiderate or what?
To add insult to injury, I was then asked whether I would prepared to grant them a longer lease or consider selling the property to them at the end of the lease...of course I would, and I will also offer to drive them around and change the baby...
Back to work...grounds of appeal for sex offender facing deportation - I cannot imagine why he lost he case.

No comments: